Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Finding Your Literary Counterpart

    There is a point in your life when you run across a character and think "this is me!"
 For me, that came when I picked up the Jane True series by Nicole Peeler. Jane, our heroine, has an internal commentary to things that eerily mirrors my own. For instance, when in a hostile situation in formal dress...

"You can handle anything they throw at you, I told myself. As long as you take off those stupid fukcing shoes."
 -
Tempest Rising

     Or for instance, her awkwardness when attempting to talk to a man she's attracted to... 

"I do know you're nothing like him. But you're still... still a lot. A lot to handle. I don't mean your junk, obviously, as we've not gotten to the fondling-bits stage yet. And I can't believe I just talked about your junk."
- Eye of the Tempest

    Combine this great inner (and outer) dialogue with fast paced action, great mysteries, and a healthy dose of the supernatural, and you've got a great series to read during those hot summer nights! These books are quick, enjoyable, and have frabjous cover art! Be sure to check them out if you haven't already

    What books do you most identify with? Tell me about the stories that make you turn into a die-hard fan!











No comments:

Post a Comment